Promptly Chronicled

Promptly Chronicled
300 writing prompts to inspire the fiction writer

Thursday, June 11, 2020

The Paranormal and the Mythic

Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay



It's been nearly 10 years since the last time I posted on this site. I think it's high time I get back after it and put this thing back together.

For those who don't know me, and that would be pretty much all of you, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Christine Graves and I am an ancient history/mystery/mythology fanatic. I've spent nearly 40 years learning all I can about all the strange things about the ancient world.

When I originally created this site, it was to be a place to showcase all the oddities of the ancient world. I also wanted to show off some of my writer friends who write in the paranormal/fantasy genre. But I got sidetracked and this little site just sat unloved for the next 8+ years. 

I have gone through on occasion and spruced up the place, but I haven't created a new post here in a very long time. I want to change that.

I love a good mystery, especially if there's some aspect of mythology and truth mixed in. It makes it a lot more fun. I also love the idea of cryptozoology, monsters that haunt our dreams, that have some basis in creatures that once really existed.

A few of the things I'm hoping to add to the site are:
Myths and Legends from around the world
Paranormal Books and Websites from around the Internet
Paranormal mysteries that still can't be explained
Unsolved mysteries that need some fresh eyes
Archaeological finds that prove something once thought myth, is in fact, truth.

I'd love to see this site get back up and running over the next few months. I'd also like to see readers come in and enjoy my work. If you have any suggestions or questions, please feel free to leave me something in the comments section. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. 

Here's to the Para-Mythic future. I hope to make this a place where anyone who loves a good mystery and the ancient world can come and have some fun.

Until Next Time,
Miss Chris

© Christine Graves 2020